Photo by Creative Memories Photography
To advance the arts and sciences of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigerating to serve humanity and
promote a sustainable world.
ASHRAE will be the global leader, the foremost source of technical and educational information, and the primary
provider of opportunity for professional growth in the arts and sciences of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and
Goals and Objectives: The Strategic Direction
ASHRAE's four strategic goals—connect, educate, extend, and adapt—serve as broad statements of what the organization most wants and expects to accomplish over the
next several years. The goals are supported, in each case, by a handful of objectives that further define specific accomplishments to pursue within the plan horizon.
Each objective should provide guidance for implementing programs of work and testing and responding to various findings. For example, ASHRAE's work to "assess and
implement methods to strengthen the member value proposition" will be an ongoing series of experiments and investments that support the broader goal of a vibrant,
informed, and engaged member community.
GOAL – CONNECT
Foster vibrant, informed and engaged ASHRAE and industry communities.
- Develop, implement, and assess methods to strengthen the member value proposition.
- Maximize opportunities for member involvement in Society activities.
GOAL – EDUCATE
Create learning experiences that enhance the knowledge and effectiveness of individuals who apply building sciences.
- Prototype and experiment with new resources that integrate ASHRAE's science and technology into building performance and knowledge systems.
- Develop programming and promotions that enable ASHRAE chapters to educate a wider range of audiences.
- Expand educational topics and enhance delivery methods to address the needs of priority audiences, including employers, owners, and operators.
GOAL – EXTEND
- Develop, refine and optimize methods to increase awareness, adoption and application of ASHRAE's offerings.
- Augment ASHRAE's marketing and promotional capabilities to drive higher levels of awareness and uptake of offerings.
- Foster collaboration throughout the building industry to augment the positive impact of ASHRAE's offerings on building performance.
GOAL – ADAPT
- Work collaboratively within the global community to increase the value, usefulness and accessibility of building sciences and technology.
- Identify and launch pilot programs in select international markets to adapt offerings to address local demand.
- Work to translate science and technology into practical tools and resources that drive effective building design, operations, and management.
- Ensure that ASHRAE's products, programs, and services are well aligned to meet the needs of the global building industry.
ASHRAE Society Strategic Plan - Approved June 24, 2014
We Need Your Help!!!
Our Chapter is always looking for people to make our meetings informative, timely, and interesting. Any time
commitments can be accomodated. Participation is only limited by your desire. Feel free to contact any of the Chapter
Officers or contacts listed to participate.